FR | EN | DE Sitemap | Contact | Terms and conditions
Sauter Bachmann
Swiss precision gears
Swiss precision gears

The history of the company Sauter, Bachmann AG



West face of the original factory building after the establishment


1921
The founder Heinrich Sauter-Staub and Walter Bachmann got to know each other at the company MAAG Zahnräder AG in Zurich. Since both had meanwhile gained substantial experience and knowledge in the manufacturing of gears, the determination matured to establish their own company in this industrial sector.

1922
Establishment of the company Sauter, Bachmann & Cie. Zahnräderfabrik.

 



Erstellung des Fabrikgebäudes am Erlenweg in Netstal


1923
Errection of the factory building at the Erlenweg at Netstal. Within the same year the production of gears could be put into operation. 1 forman, 4 operators and 3 apprentices where initially employed.




1st picture: manufacturing hall with belt transmission drive of the machine tools
2nd picture: north face of the original factory building after the establishment


1945
The factory building was extended with a single storied wing.At this point Sauter Bachmann was already counting 32 employees. Already in the early years Sauter Bachmann focused on the manufacturing of precision gears.

1950
Heinrich Sauter-Staub passed away and his eldest son Heinrich Sauter-Gantenbein succeeded.

1955
third wing, south of the exisiting factory building, was added.

 




1st Picture: manufacturing of worm wheels
2nd Picture: engineering office


1960
Walter Bachmann passed away and his son Dr. Ing. Walter Bachmann-Hauser succeeded.

 



(from left to right)
Konrad Auer, PhD, mayor of Netstal
Walter Bachmann-Hauser, PhD in mechanical engineering
Heinrich Sauter-Gantenbein, BSc in mechanical engineering
Hans Meier, governor of the canton Glarus


1962
The most southern wing of the factory is extended by two stories.

1973
Meanwhile already 88 employees are working at Sauter Bachmann.

1976
The legal form "Sauter, Bachmann & Cie." is transformed into "Sauter, Bachmann AG".

1979
Walter Bachmann-King joined as the third generation of the founding family Bachmann.



1981
Expansion of the middle part of the building by two storeys.



1991
Martin Sauter joins the company as the third generation of the Sauter founding family.

 



1995
The south-eastern extension of the factory is completed. Within this year the management responsibilities of the company is transferred to Walter Bachmann-King and Martin Sauter.

1998
Heinrich Sauter-Gantenbein passes away.

2004
Walter Bachmann-King passes away.

2005/2006
The new factory is beeing built and completed at Zaunweg in Netstal. The assembly workshop for the gearboxes of industrial and aeronautical applications and the heat treatment facility, including the metallurgical laboratory, remain at the old factory building at Erlenweg.

 



New factory, Zaunweg, Netstal


2006
Max Bachmann joins the company as the fourth generation of the Bachmann founding family.

2011
Sauter Bachmann acquires the assets of the company Engineering ZETA in Italy and establishes the new company Sauter, Bachmann Italia s.r.l. in Gravellona Toce, Italy.



In the same year Sauter Bachmann acquires the assets of the company Walter Grell AG in Möhlin, Aargau. A further affiliated company of Sauter Bachmann is established under the name Grell AG.

 



2012
Sauter Bachmann acquires the majority of the shares of the company TCS Group in Mappano di Caselle, Italy.

2016
Divestement of the shares of the company TCS Group in Mappano di Caselle, Italy.




2017
Divestement of the shares of the company Grell AG in Möhlin, Aargau.